8 Tips to stay safe with your Portable plug-in heaters.
- Keep items a minimum of 3 feet away from the heater, all the way around.
- Keep off of flammable materials such as carpets, rugs, clothes, plastics.
- Keep away from beds do two things can fall off of a bed.
- Only use as supplemental heat, not as a permanent heat source.
- Use only when supervised by a competent adult.
- Do not leave heater ON or even plugged-in when you are away from your home. Always unplug the heater.
- Do not use your heater went to sleep.
- Always read and follow the manufacturers instructions.
Also always have a working smoke alarm in your home as required by Evansville city building commissioner and building code. And if your smoke alarm is over 10 years old – it is time to upgrade to a new unit as suggested by the manufacturer.